1 1/2 cups natural crunch peanut butter or natural almond butter
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon filtered water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup brown rice crisp cereal
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips or your favorite dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Spoon nut butter into a food processor. I used crunchy because it adds to the heavy texture and helps bind ingredients together. Add the dates, coconut oil, water, vanilla and salt and blend on high until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Put the brown rice crisps into a sealable bag and roll a canned good over the bag until the crisps break down into smaller pieces but remain bulky (you don’t want crumbs). Using a wooden spoon, stir the brown rice crisps and hemp seeds into the nut butter paste.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Form ping-pong-sized balls from the nut butter paste. Using a spoon, dip and roll each ball in the chocolate until its coated, then spoon onto your lined baking sheet. Once baking sheet is full, place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. These will keep well in the freezer for up to one month.